To reinforce our Arabic language teaching, we have introduced “I Read Arabic” at school. As the first digital Arabic Reading programme, it gives pupils access to hundreds of e-Books that they can read and listen to. Pupils from Foundation Stage and upwards can improve their vocabulary, fluency and comprehension of the Arabic language and also record their reading using this online tool.
All reading materials are based on a pupil’s skill level, as determined by assessment tests that are conducted by the Arabic teacher in line with the 21 Arabic Rubric Standards. This ensures that reading materials are age-appropriate and correspond to the pupil’s reading ability.
Additionally, the programme also offers:
- Reading comprehension quizzes at the end of each book and benchmark tests to assess students’ instructional needs
- Built-in mail feature for teacher-student communication
- Detailed reporting on student’s performance to monitor progress
- Worksheets covering grammar basics
- Grammar tutorial videos
- Reward system to unlock games and printable certificates of appreciation